
Today was the last day of Global issues and we got to know a lot about the Kolkata, India. We got to know that there were around more than 185 million people who worked as child labor. They worked on making cigarette, paper bags, plastic bags etc. Today we got into families of five and made paper bags for the people. Ten to fifteen paper bags were worth Rs.1. We made nearly 200 paper bags. My family earned about Rs. 10 in 20 minutes of time. In an hour my family earned about Rs. 30. If we would have kept on working making paper bags for 10 hours our family must have earned about Rs. 300. In a month we could have earned up to Rs. 9000. Today I learnt how hard the poor have to work to earn a living. I saw how much they have to sweat to eat food. I think we should help the poor more often and make their lives better.
In my opinion Global Issues is one of the best classes around. We get to do physical stuff and we also get to play games based on life. We saw how many poor people there are around te world and how hard they have to work. I think this class was the best as we got to learn a lot and I also learnt to help the poor. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment